When you want to prepare something simple and fast, then zlevanka fits the description best.
As per the name itself (“zlijati” means “to pour”), all the ingredients are essentially thrown into one bowl and poured into the pan.
My mum makes zlevankas quite often, so when I’m at hers, if she goes into the kitchen for more than a few minutes, I know what’s about to go down. :)
A lot of people are fighting gluten and lactose-intolerance, so I hope that this recipe will be of use.
One interesting thing regarding zlevanka, also worth mentioning, is that it contains no eggs at all.
- 1 cup corn flour
- 1 cup gluten-free flour
- 1 cup polenta
- 1 baking powder (21 g)
- 2 vanilla sugar (2 x 8 g)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 smaller apples (250 g)
- 1 cup sunflower oil
- 1 cup lactose-free milk (250 ml)
- 1 yoghurt (200 g)
- 200 g fresh or frozen fruit as desired - 100 g frozen blueberries / 100 g frozen strawberries
- butter for coating
- 1 tbsp corn flour for sprinkling
Mix all the ingredients according to the ingredient list.
Peel apples and grate them on the thinner part of the grater.
Use butter to coat the pan that’s 35 x 20 cm, 7 cm deep and sprinkle it with a tablespoon of corn flour that should be spread evenly on the pan.
Pour the mixture into the pan while leaving a bit of mixture in a bowl.
Add frozen fruit to the rest of the mixture, stir well and use spoon to spread the fruit on the top of the zlevanka.
Bake zlevanka 30-40 minutes at 200°C.
TIPS & TRICKS
● lactose-free milk and yoghurt can be replaced with regular ones
● add fruits as desired – apples, pears, apricots, raspberries
● add one vanilla sugar to the rest of the mixture with fruit so that it would get sweeter
● add sour cream alongside the fruit on the top of zlevanka