I hold the view that vegan food can be very delicious, so for the first recipe in vegan category I decided to prepare fried zucchini.
Impeccable egg-less breading is going to come out great each and every time, and grilling zucchini beforehand will add interesting flavor and cut excess water from them.
What I love about this recipe is that zucchini are juicy and soft on the inside, and crispy on the outside.
Sesame gives a certain dimension to this dish, so if you don’t have one on hand, I strongly suggest you go get it from the nearest store. :)
Served with quick tomato salsa that takes literally 5 minutes to prepare makes for an interesting vegan mean that will, I believe, find itself on your menu as a new dish.
- #1@ pcs zucchini (~#200@ g)
- #1/2@ tsp sunflower oil
- #1/2@ pinch of salt
- #1/2@ pinch of pepper
- #1/2@ pinch of ground sweet paprika
- #2@ tbsp bread flour
- #1@ tsp corn starch
- #1/8@ tsp pepper
- #3/8@ tsp salt
- #1/8@ tsp turmeric
- #50@ ml cold water
- #1@ tsp sunflower oil
- #1/8@ cup pastry flour
- #1/2@ cup ground corn flakes
- #1@ tbsp sesame
- #1/4@ tsp ground sweet paprika
- #1/4@ tsp salt
- #1/2@ pinch of pepper
- #125@ ml sunflower oil
Wash zucchini and cut their ends.
Cut zucchini in half across the width, and then at 5 equal pieces across their length.
Put stove (~30 cm in diameter) at medium heat and put sunflower oil in it.
When the oil heats up (2-3 minutes) add slices of zucchini on a stove.
Cook zucchini approximately 3-5 minutes on each side (until they get golden).
Season zucchini with salt, pepper and ground sweet paprika.
In small bowl add bread flour, corn starch, pepper, salt, turmeric, cold water and sunflower oil and mix all the ingredients into uniform mixture.
Add pastry flour in the second bowl, then add ground corn flakes, sesame, ground sweet paprika, salt and pepper in the third bowl.
Mix all the ingredients well.
Put frying pan (~16 cm in diameter) at high heat and add sunflower oil for frying.
Fry zucchini 2-3 minutes and take them out on the napkins so that they soak up excess oil.
TIPS & TRICKS
● vegan breading can be used to prepare other vegetables such as broccoli, cauliflower, leek and celery
● ground corn flakes can be replaced with breadcrumbs
● this meal can be an excellent side dish alongside vegan stew, risotto or some cold salad
● instead of deep frying, you can bake zucchini in the oven on an oiled baking paper for 10-15 minutes at 180-250°C (360-480°F)
● you can freeze breaded zucchini and prepare them afterwards